Aunt Swarlo's Polish Plum
|Aunt Swarlo's Polish Plum|
|Leaf type||regular, wispy|
|Fruit type||slicer, paste|
- Indet., regular leaf plants with delicate wispy foliage, huge red irregularly shaped fruits, some are squarish double hearts, and most are huge fat plums, meaty and moderately juicy, with very small seed chambers and few seeds. Fruits can grow up to 24 oz. Excellent sweet flavor. Skins peels off very easily, making it also a very good choice for sauce. (limited, 15 seeds/packet)
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 12 / Ed Swarlo, Illinois 04
Year grown: 2013
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a fair yield of 14-18 oz red heart shaped fruit with excellent flavor.
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 06
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin obtained seeds in 2004 from Ed Swarlo of South Beloit, Illinois, whose aunt travelled to Poland in 2003 and brought back the seed.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2006 Yearbook by Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B).
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2014.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aunt Swarlo's Polish Plum - plant. 2013-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aunt Swarlo Polish Plum - ripe fruit. 2013-09-15.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aunt Swarlo Polish Plum - sliced fruit. 2013-09-15.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Aunt Swarlo's Polish Plum - ripe fruit, 2010. (uploaded with owner's permission)
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Aunt Swarlo's Polish Plum - sliced fruit, 2010. (uploaded with owner's permission)
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2017||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2017||.||.|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|