Aunt Ruby's German Green Cherry
|Aunt Ruby's German Green Cherry|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Fruits are green-when ripe, with the light green color matching Aunt Ruby's German Green, but the size is much smaller - you can call it a large cherry or a small saladette. Clear epidermis. Fruits are round and slightly oblate. Very good taste, one of the better tasting green cherries, but it ripens later than the most other cherries, and not as high yielding. 1-2.5 oz.
- CA BL L 08 (Linda Black, California) / IL LO N 04 (Neil Lockhart, Oblong, Illinois) / Fedco Seeds
Year grown: 2012
- 76 days, indet, RL, good production of slightly oblate, green-when-ripe(clear epidermis), cherry-sized fruit (0.75-1 oz) with a distinct pink blossom end blushing when fully ripe and darker green shoulders. I have not seen any evidence of instability since growing it for the first time in 2008. Grew out true in 2009 from my own saved seed from 2008. This is easily the best tasting Green-When-Ripe cherry. Far better than Green Grape which I find to be a spitter. Ripe fruit is somewhat late and not as prolific as other cherries.
- Julianna Griffin, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Year: 2008, 2009
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a high yield of 1 oz cherry fruit, yellow-green with a pink blush, very good flavor.
- Fedco Seeds
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- A cross of Aunt Ruby's German Green with a cherry tomato, not stabilised yet, my growouts in 2007 produced different fruits. Indet.
Year: 2006, 2007
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- Off-type of Aunt Ruby's German Green, mutation or natural cross; may still be unstable.
- Commercially offered by Fedco Seeds .
- First listed at SSE in 2004.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Aunt Ruby's German Green Cherry - flower.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Aunt Ruby's German Green Cherry - fruit.
John Beidler (CT BE J). Aunt Ruby's German Green Cherry Truss. 2009
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aunt Ruby's German Green Cherry and Pelican Cherry - ripe fruit. 2012-09-05.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Aunt Ruby's German Green Cherry - sliced.
John Beidler (CT BE J). Aunt Ruby's German Green Cherry. 2008
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
|2012||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
|2011||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
|2010||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
|2009||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
|2008||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
|2007||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds||3||.|
You can buy Aunt Ruby's German Green Cherry seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!