- Vigorous bushy plants with regular leaf foliage produce lots of perfectly round red fruits that were smooth and do not crack. 2-5 oz, but some fruits were 6-7 oz. Jointless for easy picking. Excellent canner, as fruits hold their shape very well. Very good balanced flavor, it starts out more acidic, but turns sweeter later in the season. Firm flesh. Fruits keep very well after picking.
- Alex Popovich, Surrey, BC, Canada 07 / Serbian CV
Year grown: 2013
- Open-pollinated Serbian variety, from Smederevska Palanka Institute for Vegetable Crops.
- There is also an F1 hybrid tomato called 'Adonis', bred in Russia by 'Agrocemtomc' firm in Kirov city and released in 1998 (see ).
- First offered commercially by Two Wings Farm .
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Adonis - ripe fruit. 2013-09-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Adonis - sliced fruit. 2013-08-31.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Adonis - plant. 2013-07-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Adonis - flowers. 2013-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Adonis - flowers. 2013-07-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Adonis - flowers and baby fruit. 2013-06-23.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Two Wings Farm - new||1||1|
|2011||Two Wings Farm||0||0|
|2010||Two Wings Farm||0|
|2009||Two Wings Farm||0||.|
You can buy Adonis seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!