B.C KO T
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, orange perfectly round fruits, 6-8 oz, very good rich flavor, which is more acidic than sweet, meaty solid flesh. No cracking, blemish free, good shelf life, this variety would be also perfect for market growers.
- I grew this tomato from two seeds sources side-by-side, and they came out identical.
- 1. Denise Salmon of Vancouver, BC, Canada 07 / NC LE C (Craig LeHoullier, North Carolina, lot 93-59)
- 2. MI FL J 07 (Jeff Fleming of Augusta, Michigan) / SD FL D 92 (Daniel L. Flyger of Freeman, South Dakota) / SWED RO L 90 (Lars Olov Rosenstrom, Sweden)
Year grown: 2008 (crop failure - crossed seed), 2009
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
MI FL J
- Medium (5-7 ft) vines need caging or staking, 78 days, good producer of medium sized (8-10 oz) smooth yellow to light orangish globes, very good rich flavor.
- SD FL D 92 (Daniel L. Flyger of Freeman, South Dakota) / SWED RO L 90 (Lars Olov Rosenstrom, Sweden)
Year: 1992, 1993, 1996, 2002
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- Origin unknown.
- The original seeds of this variety was sent to Karna Maj, the owner and admin of one of the largest danish garden sites, and a member of Frøsamlerne, in 1994 from Bjarne Grube Wickstrøm who had collected the seeds in France. There is not information on when he collected it, but he grew it before 1994.
- "Stor Gul" is a Danish phrase meaning "large yellow". It also means the same in Swedish.
- This variety was first introduced in the Seed Savers 1990 Yearbook by a Swedish grower Lars Olov Rosenstrom. Lars Olov did not provide any description for this variety.
- This variety is listed in the Danish seed saving organization Frøsamlerne's yearbook, and that is probably where Lars Olov Rosenstrom got it.
- One commercial source, TomatoFest ® Homegrown Seeds was noted for 2004 in the Garden Seed Inventory 6th edition. Marianna's Heirloom Seeds also currently offers this variety.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Stor Gul (Denise Salmon) - 3 weeks old seedling. 2008-03-21
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Stor Gul - flower buds. 2009-06-06.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Stor Gul (Denise Salmon) - flowers. 2008-08-11
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Stor Gul (MI FL J) - flowers. 2009-06-27
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Stor Gul (MI FL J) - baby fruit. 2009-07-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Stor Gul (Denise Salmon) - ripe fruit. 2009-08-08.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Stor Gul (Denise Salmon) - ripe fruit. 2009-08-24.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Stor Gul (Denise Salmon) - sliced fruit. 2009-08-24.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Marianna's Heirloom Seeds
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Marianna's Heirloom Seeds
|2009||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds
|2008||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds
|2007||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||2||.|
|Fruit color||orange +|
|Fruit shape||globe +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T + and MI FL J +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds + and TomatoFest +|