|Fruit type||canner, paste, cooking|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
B.C KO T
- Indet., regular leaf plants, Very large red hearts, 10-16 oz. Excellent rich flavor, few seeds. (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Michael Gunn of Pasadena, Texas (TX GU R) 07 / M. Hartmann, Germany (germination failure)
- 2. Stevens House Garden 09 / Charles Bowler of Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN BO C) 04 / Jean Dakin, Parson, British Columbia, Canada 03
Year grown: 2009*(2), 2015(2)
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
IL LO N
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a fair yield of 1-1.5 lb red heart shaped fruit with excellent flavor.
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 04 / Jean Dakin, Parson, BC, Canada 2003
Location: Oblong, Illinois
TX GU R
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, very good yield of excellent tasting red heart shaped fruit to 2 lbs.
- Manfred Hartmann, Germany
Year grown: 2006
Location: Pasadena, Texas
GERM SC K
- heart shaped red tomato, very late, indet.
Year grown: 2011, 2012
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- An old Italian variety.
- It originally came from an octogenarian Italian-Canadian, Emelio Provenzano, who may have brought it from Italy (he doesn't remember clearly) and has been grown/selected for the northern British Columbia climate for decades.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Provenzano (2) - ripe. 2015-09-01.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Provenzano (2) - ripe. 2015-09-29.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Provenzano - ripe fruit. Photo by Jeffrey H. Loesch, Dowling Community Garden in Minneapolis. 2009.
Patty Brown, Ohio. Provenzano - ripe fruit. August 12, 2011. Posted with owner's permission.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Provenzano (2) - sliced. 2015-09-01.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Provenzano (2) - sliced. 2015-09-29.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Provenzano - ripe and sliced fruits. 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). PProvenzano - green fruit. July 10, 2011.
Order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Sand Hill Preservation Center - sold out for 2013
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Sand Hill Preservation Center
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
|2009||Sand Hill Preservation Center - new, sold out for 2009
Solana Seeds - sold out for 2009
Click here to order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
You can buy Provenzano seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Country||Italy, Canada +|
|Description||Indet., regular leaf plants, Very large red hearts, 10-16 oz. Excellent rich flavor, few seeds. (15 seeds / packet)|
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||heart +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||canner +, paste + and cooking +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* An old Italian variety.
|Member code||B.C KO T +, IL LO N +, TX GU R + and GERM SC K +|
|Seed source||1. Michael Gunn of Pasadena, Texas (TX GU R) 07 / M. Hartmann, Germany (germination failure)
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and heirloom +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Sand Hill Preservation Center + and Solana Seeds +|
|Year grown||2009*(2) + and 2015(2) +|