From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
IL LO N
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf with a high yield of 2-5 oz brown-red fruit with green shoulders, very good flavor.
- BELR BA A (Andrey Baranovski of Minsk, Belarus)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
Russian name: Негритёнок.
- The name means 'Little Black Child' in Russian, and the Russian word carries a special affectionate feeling/passion towards a black child.
- Russian commercial variety. Introduced to NA by Andrey Baranovski, Minsk, Belarus in 2005. Neil Lockhart received seeds from Andrey and listed it at SSE as 'Little Nigger', as that was the name Andrey supplied when sending seeds to Neil (an unfortunate result of unintentional incorrect translation of a Russian name).
- All the 2008 SSE listings are now corrected to 'Little Black', although 'Little Black Child' would have been a more accurate translation.
- We list this variety here under its original Russian name, 'Negrityonok'.
Also known as
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2010||1 + 2 (as Little Black)||2 (as Little Black)|
Facts about NegrityonokRDF feed
|Fruit color||black +|
|Fruit shape||round +|
|Fruit size||small +|
|Fruit type||salad +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||IL LO N +|
|See also||Black Bear +|