From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
(Redirected from Livingston's Golden Queen)
|Variety type||heirloom, historic, open-pollinated|
IL LO N
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a good yield of 4-8 oz yellow fruit with pink blush, very good mild sweet flavor.
- Reimer Seeds / Darrell Merrell of Tulsa, Oklahoma (OK ME D) 98 / (Steve Draper of Midvale, Utah (UT DR S) 96 / Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
GERM SC K
- Big yellow tomato, regular leaf, indet., no difference between the tomatoes grown from the two different sources are noted. 100-120 gr.
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. M. Hahm-Hartmann 06
- 3. www.ginsterfarm.ch 06
- A historically important variety, 1892 Livingston release, a.k.a. Livingston's Golden Queen
- 1900 Livingston seed catalog says:
- "Livingston's Golden Queen. (introduced by us in 1882). "Queen of All the Yellows", and a real good yellow sort of first-class quality. Its superior flavor has brought it into general favor as a table fruit. It is solid, always smooth, entirely free from ridges, large in size, ripens early, and is the most beautiful yellow variety ever sent out. The larger and riper fruits are sometimes tingled with red at the blossom end. None excel it for eating raw or slicing. The handsome golden-yellow slices make a beautiful contrast in a dish with red sorts. It has very little acid, and the quality is excellent. Makes handsome rich preserves. "
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Golden Queen.
Facts about Golden QueenRDF feed
|Fruit color||yellow +|
|Fruit shape||oblate +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* A historically important variety, 1892 L … * A historically important variety, 1892 Livingston release, a.k.a. Livingston's Golden Queen
|Member||IL LO N + and GERM SC K +|
|See also||Golden Queen, USDA strain +, Golden Queen, Livingston's + and Golden Queen, Pinetree +|
|Variety type||heirloom +, historic + and open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||TomatoFest +, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Reimer Seeds +, Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie +, Heirloom Seeds +, Knapp's Fresh Vegies + and Solana Seeds +|