- Indet., regular leaf plants. 4-6 oz orange round oblate fruits. Excellent flavor, juicy. My plants struggled all season because of the location, and did not produce well. Need to re-trial.
- Jeff Fleming of Augusta, Michigan (MI FL J) 07 / Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) / CV Anioleka Seeds of Scotland
Year grown: 2013
- Large vines need caging or staking, good production of medium (6-12 oz) orange fruit with good flavor.
- Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) / CV Anioleka Seeds of Scotland
Year grown: 2006
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a high yield of 6-10 oz orange fruit, very good flavor.
- CV Anioleka Seeds, Scotland, UK 04
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Original Russian name is likely misspelled ('Kazahk Schalavije'). 'Kazahk' should be spelled as 'Kazakh', but I am not sure about the spelling of 'Schalavije' - it does not sound or look like any Russian word I know of.
- The name implies it may have originated in Kazahkstan (a republic in the former USSR, now an independent country).
- Variety brought to SSE from CV Anioleka Seeds of Scotland.
- No commercial sources in North America are known at this time (fall 2007).
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kazakh Schalavije - ripe fruit. 2013-09-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kazakh Schalavije - sliced fruit. 2013-09-28.
Jeff Fleming (MI FL J). Kazakh Schalavije - ripe and sliced fruits. 2006.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2013||4 (as Kazahk Schalavije)||.|