From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Fruit shape||pear, ribbed|
|Fruit type||canner, paste, cooking|
B.C KO T
- Tall indet. plants with regular foliage. Large pinkish-red fruits that are beautifully shaped like ruffled bottom-heavy pears. Pink flesh, clear skin. Fruit weight range from 10 to 20 oz. Firm meaty flesh with little juice. Beautiful slices. Wonderful taste, more sweet than acidic. Late maturing. (very limited, 12 seeds / packet)
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 12 / Amy Goldman of Rhinebeck, New York (NY GO A) 08
Year grown: 2012
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
- De-hybridized from an Italian variety.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2008 Yearbook by Amy Goldman of Rhinebeck, New York (NY GO A).
- According to Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds 2010 catalog, it was originally found at a Roadside stand in Italy by Amy Goldman and named after her father’s grocery store in Brooklyn.
Patty Brown, Ohio. Goldman's Italian-American - green fruit. August 12, 2011. Posted with owner's permission.
Patty Brown, Ohio. Goldman's Italian-American - ripe fruit. 2012-08-21. Posted with owner's permission.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Goldman Italian-American - sliced fruit. 2012-10-20.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Secret Seed Cartel
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new, sold out for 2013
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
Delectation of Tomatoes - new
Knapp's Fresh Vegies
Sand Hill Preservation Center - sold out for 2013
|2011||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
Knapp's Fresh Vegies - new
Sand Hill Preservation Center
|2010||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds - new
Sand Hill Preservation Center - sold out for 2010
Terroir Seeds - sold out for 2010
|2009||Sand Hill Preservation Center - new
Facts about Goldman's Italian-AmericanRDF feed
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||pear + and ribbed +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||canner +, paste + and cooking +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* De-hybridized from an Italian variety.
… * De-hybridized from an Italian variety.
|Member||B.C KO T +|
|Similar||Franchi Giant Pear +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Secret Seed Cartel +, TomatoFest +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Delectation of Tomatoes + and Knapp's Fresh Vegies +|