|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
B.C KO T
- Indet., potato leaf plants produce large golden beefsteaks with outstanding flavor. 10-16 oz.
Year grown: 2004, 2014
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
MO MU K
- Indeterminate, potato leafed plants. Plants do not generally set well and are late >90 days. Excellent flavor. Generally large meaty fruits varying between 8oz-16oz (250-450g). My favorite choice of any yellows. Flavor may be a result of low fruit to high foliage ratio compared to other yellows. Lower foliar disease resistance is probably similarly a result of the low fruit to high leaf ratio. Fruits are actually yellow/gold rather than true yellow but not orange. Skin is yellow.
- Reimer Seeds / Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C)
Year grown: 1997
- (edit needed to link to Craig's website info)
- Not directly related to other red or pink Brandywines.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brandywine Yellow - baby fruit. 2014-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Yellow Brandywine - ripe fruit. 2014-08-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Yellow Brandywine - ripe fruit. 2014-08-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Yellow Brandywine - sliced fruit. 2014-08-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Yellow Brandywine - sliced fruit. 2014-08-30.
Phil Seneca, Good Mind Seeds. Yellow Brandywine - ripe fruit. Posted with owner's permission.
Keith Mueller. Fruit interior.
Order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
Click here to order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
You can buy Brandywine, Yellow seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!