Aunt Gertie's Gold
|Aunt Gertie's Gold|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak, oblate|
|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
- 85-95 days, large indet plant, potato leaf, large golden beefsteak fruits, 14-30 oz, excellent flavor.
Year grown: 2006(1), 2011(2)
- 85 days, indet., potato leaf plant, good yield of 8-14 oz gold fruit with outstanding flavor.
- Reimer Seeds / Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 03 / Chuck Wyatt of Baltimore, Maryland (MD WY C)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- The late Chuck Wyatt obtained this variety from a friend in Virginia. The large golden beefsteak type fruit have great flavor. One of the best tasting yellow tomatoes. Indeterminate, potato leaf foliage. (90 days from transplant).
Location: Carman, Manitoba, Canada
- 80-85 days, indet., potato leaf plants, 8-16 oz deep gold fruits, not blemish free or uniformly shaped, but truly outstanding flavor, one of my favorites. Virginia heirloom.
Year grown: 2005 and every year since then
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- 80 days, indet., potato leaf, 8-16 oz, outstanding flavor, very good yields.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- Virginia heirloom, introduced by the late Chuck Wyatt of Maryland (now deceased, 2002), who got it from a friend in Virginia. Introduced commercially by Heirloom Tomatoes of Rosedale, Maryland in 2004.
- First introduced in the SSE 2003 Yearbook by Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C), Barbara Anderson of California (CA AN B), and Robbins Hail of Missouri (MO HA R2). All three SSE members obtained the seed from Chuck Wyatt.
Tatiana Kouchnareva. Aunt Gertie's Gold - Sept 9, 2007
Tatiana Kouchnareva. Aunt Gertie's Gold - Sept 19, 2007
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Aunt Gertie's Gold. 2004-03-04 (uploaded with owner's permission)
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Aunt Gertie's Gold - sliced. 2004-03-04 (uploaded with owner's permission)
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Aunt Gertie's Gold - plate. 2007-23-07
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Aunt Gertie's Gold - sliced fruit. 2012-10-08.