From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
- Plants are regular leafed and determinate. Mid-season. Predominately a concentrated setting type. Paste fruits are rather small about 120g/4oz, red, nippled and have moderate resistance to the foliar phase of early blight. Plant is productive and the fruits have a rich taste when left to fully vine ripen. Not resistant to collar rot or fruit phases of early blight.
- USDA Research Station in Maryland -> Breeding program of North Carolina State University
- Breeders: Barksdale and Stoner at USDA
- Processing line developed for early blight resistance in early to mid 1970's.
- In background parentage of 'Plum Crimson F1' and 'Plum Dandy F1'. Also in background of the early blight resistant breeding lines NC EBR-5,-6,-7 and -8.
- Not generally available but Keith Mueller has distributed seed to a few people and to the seed collection of the Yahoo group Tomatomania (~2001).
Background Parent of