Zore's Big Red
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
[[File:|thumb|250px|Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T).]]
|Zore's Big Red|
|Fruit type||slicer, canner, paste|
- Susan Anderson of Elgin, Texas (TX AN S) 09 / Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) 07 / Will Bonsall, Scatterseed Project, Farmington, Maine (ME BO W) 01
Year grown: 2018
- 90 days, indet., potato leaf plant with a fair yield of 1 lb red, heart-shaped fruit, very good flavor.
- ME BO W 01 (Will Bonsal, Maine)
- 85-90 days, indet., potato leaf, wispy foliage. Avg yield of 14-18 oz red hearts with excellent flavor.
- Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) 07 / Will Bonsall, Scatterseed Project, Farmington, Maine (ME BO W) 01
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- Originated in Yugoslavia.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1986 Yearbook by Paul J. Osborn of Indianapolis, Indiana (IN OS P), who obtained the seeds from friend, Vick Zore, who got them from a friend in Yugoslavia. Original name is unknown, named after Vick Zore.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Zore's Big Red. 2008.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Zore's Big Red - ripe fruit. 2010. Posted with the owner's permission.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2013|| Delectation of Tomatoes - new
Double Helix Farms
|2012|| Double Helix Farms
|2011||Gleckler Seedmen - new||3||0|