|Fruit color||black, purple|
|Fruit shape||irregular, flattened, ribbed, beefsteak|
- Indet., potato leaf, high yield of medium irregularly shaped, ribbed and flattened beefsteak fruits that turn purple black color when fully ripe. 5-9 oz. Clear skin. Excellent sweet and smoky flavor, beautiful slices. Quite early for such a large tomato.
- 1. Kristien Dhoor, Belgium 06 / Reinhard Kraft, Neukirchen, Germany
- 2. David Lemasters, Pennsylvania 08 (RL and PL observed, probably crossed or mixed)
Year grown: 2012 (#1,2)
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with high yield of 2-4 oz ribbed, black-purple fruit with green shoulders, good flavor.
- Luc Fichot, Belgium (BELG FI L) 01
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 78 days, indet., potato leaf, high yield of 4-10 oz, flat ruffled-ribbed, black-brown-purple fruit with green shoulders, good flavor.
- Manfred Hartmann, Germany 04
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- 78 days, indet., potato leaf, high yield of 4-8 oz, flat ruffled-ribbed, black-brown-purple fruit with green shoulders, excellent flavor.
- Michael Gunn of Pasadena, Texas (TX GU R) 06 / Manfred Hartmann, Germany 04
Year: 2007, 2008
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- White fruits turning to brown, oblate fruits, indet. Potato leaf.
- M. Hahm-Hartmann
- indet, good yields, average taste with a smoky flavor, more acidic, less juicy.
- Dutch name translates to 'Turkish Turban', which accurately describes its fruit shape.
- Correct version has potato leaf foliage, but some growers observed some regular leaf plants.
- SSE Accession: TOMATO/OTHER COLORS 5281.
- Sometimes incorrectly spelled as Turks Nuts
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Turks Muts (David Lemasters) - plant. 2012-05-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Turks Muts (David Lemasters) - flower. 2012-06-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Turks Muts (Kristien Dhoor) - flowers. 2012-07-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Turks Muts (Kristien Dhoor) - green fruit. 2012-07-28.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Turks Muts. 2007.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Turks Muts (Kristien Dhoor) - sliced fruit. 2012-08-26.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Turks Muts (David L.) - sliced fruit. 2012-09-15.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Turks Muts (David L.) - sliced fruit. 2012-09-28.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
The Sample Seed Shop
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
The Sample Seed Shop
|2011||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||4||3|
|2010||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||6||2|
|2009||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds||5||.|
|2008||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds - new||6||.|
You can buy Turks Muts seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!