|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Indet., regular leaf. Loads of small perfectly round bright red tomatoes, 1-3 oz. No cracking observed. 5-7 fruits per cluster. Very juicy, very good bright flavor, great for salad.
- Dave Thompson, New Baltimore, Southeast Michigan 09
Year grown: 2015
- Heirloom from Hungary.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PI 289306. Donated to USDA in 1963 from Hungary.
- 'Karalis' means 'king' in Latvian.
- Introduced commercially by Double Helix Farms in 2012.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigrus Karalis - ripe fruit. 2015-08-05.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigrus Karalis - ripe. 2015-08-21.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigrus Karalis - sliced fruit. 2015-08-05.
Dan and Val McMurray. Tigrus Karalis - plant. 2008. Uploaded with owner's permission.
Dan and Val McMurray. Tigrus Karalis - ripe fruit. 2008. Uploaded with owner's permission.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Double Helix Farms||.||.|
|2012||Double Helix Farms||.||.|
You can buy Tigrus Karalis seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!