|Fruit color||red, striped|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, commercial|
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf, 1-2 oz red fruit with golden stripes, very good tangy/acidic flavor, high yields.
- CV Thompson and Morgan 04
Year grown: 2004, 2010
- 62 days Good producer of 45-55 g tomatoes. Attractive fruit with very good taste as well.
- Firefox farm, Kingston, Ontario
Location: rooftop in Montreal, QC
- A cross of Ailsa Craig with an unknown var., bred by the Glasshouse Research Inst. in England back in the 1930's. Tangella and Craigella are other two selections from the same cross.
Also known as
- Mr. Stripey, which is not the same as the Mr. Stripey, a bi-colored beefsteak discovered in Georgia by the former owner of Totally Tomatoes in the 90s.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - flowers. 2010-07-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - green fruit. 2010-07-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - green fruit. 2010-07-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - ripe fruit. 2010-08-29.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - ripe fruit. 2010-08-19.
You can buy Tigerella seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||red + and striped +|
|Fruit shape||round +|
|Fruit size||small +|
|Fruit type||salad +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T + and QC CA C +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and commercial +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Gleckler Seedmen +, Pinetree Seeds +, Tomato Growers Supply +, Heirloom Seeds +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Solana Seeds +, The Sample Seed Shop +, Trade Winds Fruit +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +, Seeds of Change +, Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie + and Snow Seed +|