|Fruit color||red, striped|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, commercial heirloom|
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf, 1-2 oz red fruit with golden stripes, very good tangy/acidic flavor, high yields.
- CV Thompson and Morgan 04
Year grown: 2004, 2010
- 62 days Good producer of 45-55 g tomatoes. Attractive fruit with very good taste as well.
- Firefox farm, Kingston, Ontario
Location: rooftop in Montreal, QC
- Commercial heirloom variety. Developed by Dr. Lewis Darby in England, from a cross of Ailsa Craig with an unknown variety, likely in the 50-60s. Tangella and Craigella are other two selections from the same cross.
- The 'unknown' parent was likely a variety listed in TGRC as LA0212 (donated by Russell Larson in 1952). Russell Larson is the one who first named the gene 
Also known as
- Mr. Stripey, which is not the same as the Mr. Stripey, a bi-colored beefsteak discovered in Georgia by the former owner of Totally Tomatoes in the 90s.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - flowers. 2010-07-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - green fruit. 2010-07-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - green fruit. 2010-07-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - ripe fruit. 2010-08-29.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tigerella - ripe fruit. 2010-08-19.
You can buy Tigerella seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!