- indet, potato leaf, good yield of medium to large pink beefsteaks, 8-16 oz, very good to outstanding balanced flavor, meaty and juicy. (20 seeds per packet)
- 1. Susan Anderson of Elgin, Texas (TX AN S) 11 / Tom (darwinslair) of Minnesota, 2009.
- 2. Michael Johnson of Wollaton, Nottingham, England 11
Year grown: 2011
- Discovered by Tom K. (darwinslair), who posted information about his discovery at the SSE forum (). Tom said that he was inspecting a clients first home purchase in November 2007. The home had been owned by a 90+ year old woman whose backyard was a container gardening paradise, with a half-dozen 20 gallon pots with tomato plants that had frosted out a while ago but had old tomatoes still clinging to some of the vines. The client mentioned that the realtor had told him that the woman had grown her own tomatoes for years, and had been giving her neighbors plants for decades. Tom asked for some of the frozen fruits to extract seeds and grow them the next year, promising his clients some tomato plants next spring.
- As the name of the tomato was not known, Tom called it after his clients, whose family name was Terhune.
- Some tomato gardeners thought this tomato may be Pink Brandywine or any other pink-fruited potato leaf tomato, but obviously it is not possible to tell without a DNA test.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2011 Yearbook by Susan Anderson, Texas (TX AN S)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Terhune (Michael Johnson) - ripe fruit. 2011-10-14.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Terhune - ripe and sliced fruit. 2010. Posted with owner's permission.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Terhune (Michael Johnson) - sliced fruit. 2011-11-01.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2014||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Delectation of Tomatoes - new
Knapp's Fresh Vegies
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2011||Knapp's Fresh Vegies - new||1||.|