|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
|Country||New Zealand, Australia|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Small bright red fruits with three lobes and empty seed locules. A perfect stuffer tomato with great full tomato flavor, much better than many other stuffers we trialed. 2-3 oz.
- Dave Thompson, Southeast Michigan 09
Year grown: 2015
- An old heirloom.
- It is known that the Targinnie Red variety came to the United States from Australia, but Dr. C. F. Andrus wrote that it may have originated in New Zealand. One possible explanation as to why Australian types are hard to trace and to pin down in that the Yates Seeds Limited of Sydney, Malbourne, Brisbane, and Perth in Australia are associated with allied firms in Tasmania and New Zealand.
- PI 220865. Donated to the USDA in 1954.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Targinnie Red - ripe fruit. 2015-07-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Targinnie Red - ripe fruit. 2015-07-26.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Targinnie Red - ripe fruit. 2015-08-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Targinnie Red - sliced fruit. 2015-08-12.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Double Helix Farms||.||.|
|2012||Double Helix Farms||.||.|
You can buy Targinnie Red seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!