|Fruit shape||plum, oval|
|Variety type||unstable segregation line|
- The two seeds I acquired from Tom Wagner gave birth to two plants with similar growth and fruit shape characteristics, but different fruit color: one was bright orange and the other was dusty red. Seeds saved from both the red and orange variants. I named these "Sweet Dreams"" and "Serenity". I will continue to de-hybridize both lines.
- Indet., regular foliage which has this distict 'funny' smell of SunGold foliage, wispy droopy vines, large elongated dusty red cherry fruits with pointed end, non-glossy skin, excellent sweet taste.
- Tatiana Kouchnareva, Anmore, BC (B.C KO T) 08 (F2 seeds)
Year grown: 2007
- The original hybrid, Mountain Roma X F2 Sun Sugar, was created by Tom Wagner of WA, a private tomato and potato breeder and founder of Tater Mater Seed.
- Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) sent the F2 seeds to Ted Corbett in Germany (GERM CO T), who grew the F2 generation in the summer of 2008.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mountain Roma X F2 Sun Sugar - orange (left) and red (right), along with SunGold fruits. 2007-08-22
Ted Corbett, Germany. Sweet Dreams F3 - green fruit. 2008 (uploaded with the owner's permission)
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|