Rouge Vif d'Etampes
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Rouge Vif d'Etampes|
|Fruit color||red, orange|
|Fruit shape||round, flattened|
- C. maxima. Very large bright orange pumpkin, flattened and slightly ribbed and shaped like a cheese wheel. 10-25 lbs, 2-3 fruits per plant. Sweet orange flesh, very good for baking or pies.
- Pam Albert, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada 07
Year grown: 2011
- "Rouge vif" means "vivid red" in French.
- A very old French heirloom, that was the most common pumpkin in the Central Market in Paris back in the 1880s.
- Introduced in the United States by W. Atlee Burpee in 1883. Documented by Vilmorin the same year.
- A.k.a. Bright Red Etampes, or Cinderella.
|Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Rouge Vif d'Etampes. 2011-08-21.