Red Butter Heart
|Red Butter Heart|
|Fruit type||slicer, paste|
- Indet. plants with regular wispy foliage, huge red hearts, some reaching 1.5 lbs. Flesh is very meaty, with small seed locules and very few seeds. Delicious sweet flavor.
- John Seewald, New Jersey 07
Year grown: 2012
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a good yield of 1 lb. pink heart shaped fruit with very good flavor.
- Jeff Dawson of Napa, California (CA DA J2) 98
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf, 1-2 lb pink heart shaped fruit, average production, very good to excellent flavor, even though "red" is part of the name, this is a pink variety and has been listed as such in the past.
- WI MI B 07 (Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin) / IL LO N (Neil Lockheart of Oblong, Illinois) / CA DA J2 98 (Jeff Dawson of Sebastopol, California)
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1998 Yearbook by Jeff Dawson of Sebastopol, California (CA DA J2).
- According to TomatoFest seed catalog, this is an heirloom tomato.
- Both red and pink versions are reported, but red should be correct, judging by the name.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Red Butter Heart - flower. July 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Red Butter Heart - ripe fruit. 2012-10-03.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Red Butter Heart. 2008. (uploaded with owner's permission)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Red Butter Heart - sliced fruit. 2012-09-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Red Butter Heart - sliced fruit. 2012-09-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Red Butter Heart - sliced fruit. 2012-10-01.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Red Butter Heart - sliced fruit. 2012-10-03.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2014
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new