|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- 70-75 days, indet., regular leaf, 3-6 oz, mostly round, but some can be slightly oval-shaped, red/brown/black fruit with greenish gel, juicy, delicious flavor, very productive.
- CV McKenzie 03
Year grown: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2013
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with fair yield of purple-black fruit with good flavor, from Reinhard Kraft, Germany.
- Reinhard Kraft, Neukirchen, Germany
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- brown tomato, regular leaf, indet., very similar to Black Prince, but perhaps more brightly colored.
- M. Hahm-Hartmann
Year grown: 2006
- 2009: 85 days, indeterminate regular leafed plant. Low yield of purple/brown egg shaped fruit. About 3-4oz each. Very tasty, but low yield means I probably won't grow again, only go about 1lb/plant. Seemed to really dislike the heat.
2014: 80 days, indeterminate RL plant. Excellent yield this year of purple/brown spherical fruit, some more egg-shaped. Fruit approximately 3-4oz, seemed to like the lower humidity of Edmonton, which is possibly why the production was so low for me in the Kootenays when I last grew it (where it's very humid). 6 lb/plant. Would have kept producing regularly if not for an early freak frost.
- Laird Creek Essentials Seeds, Nelson, BC.
Year grown: 2009, 2014
Location: Nelson, BC, Canada, Edmonton, AB.
- According to the description given on the commercial seed package, it is an heirloom from Siberia.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Purple Prince - flower.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Purple Prince - ripe fruit. 2013-09-03.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Purple Prince.
Kelly G. Ripened Purple Prince. Sept 2009.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
You can buy Purple Prince seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Description||70-75 days, indet., regular leaf, 3-6 oz, mostly round, but some can be slightly oval-shaped, red/brown/black fruit with greenish gel, juicy, delicious flavor, very productive.|
|Fruit color||black +|
|Fruit shape||round +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* According to the description given on the commercial seed package, it is an heirloom from Siberia.|
|Member code||B.C KO T +, IL LO N +, GERM SC K + and B.C GI K +|
|Seed source||CV McKenzie 03|
|Similar||Black Prince +, Svart + and Black Yum Yum +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and heirloom +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds + and Solana Seeds +|
|Year grown||2002 +, 2003 +, 2004 + and 2013 +|