Plum Crimson F1
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
- Hybrid Plants are regular leafed and determinate. Mid-season. Paste fruits are firm, crack resistant, and deeper red than and larger than Plum Dandy F1. Improved nutritional quality due to higher lycopene amounts. Plants possess disease resistance to verticillium, fusarium (race 1,2, and 3) and horizontal resistance to the leaf phase of early blight. Plants are very productive and the fruits have a rich taste when left to fully vine ripen. Responds well to ethylene ripening. Adapted to commercial production in the eastern US as well as home gardens.
- Harris Moran
- Randy Gardner, NCSU
- 2006 see HortScience 41:259-260
- early blight resistance from 71B2.
- Parent lines (NC EBR-7) x (NC EBR-8)
- Has the "crimson gene" which produces a deeper red color and higher amounts of lycopene
- Possesses fusarium race 3 resistance
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|