Pink Ping Pong
|Pink Ping Pong|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- indet., regular leaf, prolific bushy plants, high yields of round small fruits, 1-3 oz, light pink color with nice mild sweet flavor. Some fruits are slightly oblate and have yellow shoulders that disappear when fully ripe. No core.
- Paul Pulley, Idaho 06 / Sand Hill Preservation Center 05 / WY RA J 82
Year grown: 2010
- Large vines, need caging or staking. First maturity about 70 days. At a rate of 1-2 ripe fruit per day, produces a good crop of 1-2 oz. (larger than cherry tomatoes) light pink fruit about the size of a ping pong ball. Plants produce steadily throughout summer and fall, right up to first frost. A very nice subtle mildly sweet flavor, this variety is ideal for those who don’t want to be overpowered by sweetness.
- NY MA C (Carolyn Male of Latham, New York)
Year: 92, 97, 99, 00, 03, 04, 07
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- yellow fruits, bigger cherry tomato with a good taste
- Manfred Hahm-Hartmann
Year: 2011, 2012
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- This is one of the 100 varieties described in Carolyn Male’s book “100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden”.
- Carolyn notes that the variety was acquired from Andrew Rahart, who lived just north of New York City and collected varieties from the ethnic groups in that area.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Pink Ping Pong - seedling. May 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Pink Ping Pong - flower. June 7, 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pink Ping Pong - green fruit. 2010-08-11.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Pink Ping Pong - green fruit. July 10, 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Pink Ping Pong - green fruit. 2012-06-20.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pink Ping Pong - ripe fruit. 2010-08-20.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pink Ping Pong - sliced fruit. 2010-08-20.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pink Ping Pong - sliced fruit. 2010-08-25.
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit shape||round +|
|Fruit size||small +|
|Fruit type||salad +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T +, MI FL J + and GERM SC K +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and heirloom +|
|Vendor||Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, The Sample Seed Shop +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +, Snow Seed + and Trade Winds Fruit +|