|Fruit color||yellow, orange|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Large orange flattened beefsteaks, 8-12 oz. Very few small seed chambers, and few seeds. Excellent rich and sweet flavor.
- Bill Yoder of Canton, Georgia 09 / Darrel Jones of Hamilton, Alabama
Year grown: 2016
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf foliage, variant from Argentina tomato, selected for and stabilized by Darrel Jones, medium-large orange fruits with very good flavor and production, color is comparable to Caro Rich, but much better taste.
- Darrel Jones, Alabama
Year grown: 2009
Location: Elgin, Texas
- Discovered, stabilized and named by Darrel Jones of Hamilton, Alabama. In his 2004 garden he found this offtype among his Argentina plants that he grew from seed sent by 'Brainsander'. One of the three was a large orange fruited tomato with good flavor and excellent production. The plants were just a bit variable the first couple of years indicating a cross, but by F5 generation (2008) it was stable.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2011 Yearbook by Susan Anderson of Elgin, Texas (TX AN S), who got the seed from Darrel Jones, Alabama.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Orangina - ripe fruit. 2009. Posted with owner's permission.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Orangina - ripe fruit. 2010. Posted with owner's permission.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|