Orange Minsk Heart
|Orange Minsk Heart|
- Indet., slightly wispy plants with regular leaf foliage. Fruits are orange, large, and variable shapes - some are typical hearts, and some resemble beefsteak. 6-10 oz. Small seed chambers. Delicious sweet flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 13 / Jim Frick of Delaware / Andrey Baranovski of Minsk, Belarus (BELR BA A)
Year grown: 2014
- Jim Frick of Delaware ('bigdaddy') grew Orange Minsk tomato in 2010, and he observed two shapes on the same plants - hearts and beefsteaks (see ). He saved seeds from heart-shaped fruits and sent it to Carolyn Male. In the subsequent growouts, this shape variation appeared to be stable.
- Carolyn distributed seeds to Tomatoville members in her annual seed offer in January 2013.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2013 Yearbook by Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C), who was given the seed by Jim Frick of Delaware in 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Orange Minsk Heart - baby fruit. 2014-06-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Orange Minsk Heart - ripening fruit. 2014-08-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Orange Minsk Heart - ripe fruit. 2014-09-20. 2014-08-26.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Orange Minsk Heart - sliced fruit. 2014-09-20.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|