|Variety type||family heirloom|
- Indet., regular leaf plants produce many medium to large red beefsteaks, 7-16 oz, with delicious rich and sweet flavor. Flesh is very smooth, juicy, and silky. This is an excellent find! (15 seeds / packet)
- Ted Maiden, LaFollette, Tennessee 13 / Marina Kirishcheva, Bryansk region, Russia 13 / Elena Rizvanova, Russia
Year grown: 2013
- A variety from Russia. It was sent to Ted Maiden of LaFollette, Tennessee by Marina Kirishcheva, Bryansk region, Russia in December 2012. Ted generously shared a few seeds with Tatiana.
- This is a family heirloom from Tatarstan, which was brought to Russia by Elena Rizvanova whose paranets have been growing this tomato in their family garden in Tatarstan for many years. It is named after their family friend 'Mikhalych', who was likely the original source of the seeds.
- First introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2014.
Russian name: Михалыч
- Mikhalych is a male name that is derived from a person's father's first name, Mikhail. Usually that's a friendly way of calling an old friend, who is usually retired.
Description in Russian
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mikhalych - leaf. 2013-06-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mikhalych - green fruit. 2013-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mikhalych - sliced fruit. 2013-08-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mikhalych - sliced fruit. 2013-09-07.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Mikhalych seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!