|Variety type||open-pollinated, commercial|
- Indet. but compact plants with dense regular leaf foliage. Pink boat-shaped oblate fruits are 6-12 oz, with meaty flesh and excellent sweet flavor. (very limited, 12 seeds / packet)
- Elena Abolmasova, Staten Island, New York 13 / Lidia Gansen, Moscow region, Russia
Year grown: 2013
- These were dark pinkish red beefsteaks, about a pound each. A few were quite large. They were soft-fleshed. They could be quite sweet (the sweetest tomato I've tried at this size), but a smaller one I had was bitter. Most were sweet, but not super sweet. Production was decent. They were prone to catfacing. They didn't have much hang time—they were crowded; so, some were overripe by the time I found them. I grew seeds from two sources, but they faired the same and looked/tasted the same.
- Barbee of tomatoville.com (I received them on 3 Mar 2016; the ancestral seed was from Carolyn Male) and doublehelixfarms.com (purchased 1 Jan 2016 under the name Raspberry Miracle)
Year grown: 2016
Location: New Plymouth, Idaho
- Russian commercial variety.
- Introduced commercially in North America by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2014.
Also known as
Russian name: Малиновое чудо
- The name can be translated as 'Raspberry-pink wonder', 'Raspberry Miracle', or 'Dark pink wonder' from Russian.
Description in Russian
- "Cорт среднеспелый, индетерминантный, салатный. Плоды плоско-округлые, цвет малиново-красный, весом 400-600 г, до 1000 г, мясистые, среднеребристые, вкусные. Высота куста 150-200 см."
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Malinovoe Chudo - plant. 2013-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Malinovoe Chudo - flowers. 2013-07-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Malinovoe Chudo - plant. 2013-07-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Malinovoe Chudo - baby fruit. 2013-07-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Malinovoe Chudo - ripe fruit. 2013-10-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Malinovoe Chudo - sliced fruit. 2013-08-19.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Malinovoe Chudo - sliced fruit. 2013-10-17.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Trade Winds Fruit - new
You can buy Malinovoe Chudo seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!