|Fruit shape||long, slim|
|Heat level||very hot|
|Scoville Heat Units (SHU)|
- Very prolific chili pepper. 2.5-3" long pods turn red when fully mature, but can also be used when green, when they have less heat. Quite hot!
- Alan Reynolds, Hercules, South Africa 13
Year grown: 2014
- Seeds were collected in Botswana, South Africa. It may have been originated in Rwanda.
- Seeds came to Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) from Alan Reynolds of Hercules, South Africa in 2013 along with many other South African pepper landraces.
- Very rare and endangered.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
You can buy Kigali Hills seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Description||Very prolific chili pepper. 2.5-3" long pods turn red when fully mature, but can also be used when green, when they have less heat. Quite hot!|
|Heat level||very hot +|
|History||* Seeds were collected in Botswana, South … * Seeds were collected in Botswana, South Africa. It may have been originated in Rwanda.
|Member code||B.C KO T +|
|Pepper Classification||C. annuum +|
|Pepper fruit color||red +|
|Pepper fruit shape||long + and slim +|
|Pepper fruit size||small +|
|Pepper type||chili +|
|Seed source||Alan Reynolds, Hercules, South Africa 13|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +|
|Year grown||2014 +|