|Fruit shape||round, beefsteak|
|Fruit type||salad, canner|
- Det. compact plants with regular leaf foliage. Good yield of large red beefsteak fruits, 6-10 oz, which are very firm and can keep on the counter for several weeks after picking ripe. Flesh is dark red, very firm and quite dense. Seed chambers may be semi-hollow in the first few fruits, but fruits get much more juicy later in the season. Excellent canner or sauce tomato. Very good rich flavor. Very high yields. Identical to Bačka variety in all respects. (20 seeds / packet)
- Valeriy Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 11 / D. Terentiev, Ukraine
Year grown: 2013
- It is a Yugoslavian tomato variety Bačka that was renamed by Ukrainian seed vendors.
- Bačka seeds were sent to Aleksey Kulik of Kuzemin, Ukraine by one of his customers for trial in the early 2000s. Aleksey liked it and shared with other private seed vendors in the Ukraine. One of these vendors renamed this variety into 'Kamennyi Tsvetok', as he thought this would be the most appropriate name for this variety with super firm fruits.
- First introduced commercially in North America by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2014.
Also known as
Russian name: Каменный цветок
- The name means 'The Stone Flower' in Russian. 'The Stone Flower' is an old Soviet fantasy film based on a folktale by Pavel Bazhov.
Description in Russian
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kamennyi Tsvetok - plant. 2013-07-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kamennyi Tsvetok - green fruit. 2013-07-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kamennyi Tsvetok - ripe fruit. 2013-08-20.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kamennyi Tsvetok - ripe fruit. 2013-09-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kamennyi Tsvetok - ripe fruit. 2013-10-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kamennyi Tsvetok - sliced fruit. 2013-09-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kamennyi Tsvetok - sliced fruit. 2013-10-14.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Kamennyi Tsvetok seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!