|Fruit color||purple turning red at maturity|
|Fruit size||very small|
|Scoville Heat Units (SHU)||5,000-10,000?|
- Plants grow about 2-2.5' tall and produce many small 2-2.5" pendant-shaped pods that go through many colorful stages, from green to purplish, then to greenish-yellow, before they finally mature to red. Dries very easily. Very hot and flavorful. Very ornamental too.
- Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF) 13 / Charles E. Hinckley of Nevada, Missouri (MO HI C)
Year grown: 2014
- From Freda Austin's mother.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1989 Yearbook by Charles E. Hinckley of Nevada, Missouri (MO HI C), seeds from a friend (Freda Austin?).
- SSE PEPPER 474.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
You can buy Jerusalem (Pepper) seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!