From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
- John Seewald, New Jersey 07 / Chele Lavalla of Vermont (VT LA C) / Thane H. Earle of Whitewater, Wisconsin (WI EA T)
Year grown: 2013 (germination failure)
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a good yield of 1-1.5 lb orange fruit with very good flavor.
- Chele Lavalla of Vermont (VT LA C) 98 / Thane H. Earle of Whitewater, Wisconsin (WI EA T)
- It was first listed in the Pink section of the Seed Savers Yearbook (1988, or earlier) by Thane H. Earle of Whitewater, Wisconsin (WI EA T). The description did not specify the fruit color nor the origin of this tomato.
- Chele Lavalla of Northland Farm, Westfield, Vermont (VT LA C) obtained the seed from Thane Earle in 1989 and re-offered this tomato in 1991 describing fruit as orange.
- Calvin E. Wait of Unique Seed Service, Ethel, Missouri (MO WA C), also got the seed from Thane Earle and got two variants, medium red and medium orange.
- In 2010, a large orange variant of Hendershott tomato was listed by Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois. Neil obtained the seed from Chele Lavalla of Westfield, Vermont in 1998.
- It is likely that the original Hendershott seed offered by Thane Earle was crossed and later stabilized by some SSE members. Only the large orange variant is available at the present time.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2013||Delectation of Tomatoes - new||.||.|
Facts about Hendershott
|Fruit color||orange +|
|Fruit shape||oblate +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||IL LO N +|
|Member code||B.C KO T +|
|Seed source||John Seewald, New Jersey 07 / Chele Lavalla of Vermont (VT LA C) / Thane H. Earle of Whitewater, Wisconsin (WI EA T)|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Delectation of Tomatoes +|
|Year grown||2013 (germination failure) +|