German Tomato, Mr. Tartar's
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|German Tomato, Mr. Tartar's|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, family heirloom|
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a good yield of round red fruits, some fruits were oblate, and others resembled blunt heart, but I wouldn't call it a heart, 6-12 oz, great flavor that was not affected by the cold nights we had in June and early July of 2007.
- 1. John Seewald, New Jersey 07 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) / Gayle Saberniak, of Chalmers, Indiana (IN SA G) 03 (wrong)
- 2. David Marek, St. Charles, Illinois 11
Year grown: 2007(1)
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant, good yield of 1-1.5 lb red heart-shaped fruit, very good flavor.
- IN SA G 03 (Gayle Saberniak, IN) via her neighbor, Jim Tartar
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Seeds originally came from Jim Tartar, a neighbor of Gayle Saberniak of IN, who had been keeping it for over 25 years. Gayle (IN SA G) introduced it in SSE Yearbook.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). German Tomato, Mr. Tartar's. 2007-08-22
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||6||1|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||0||.|
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||7||.|