|Scoville Heat Units (SHU)||4,000-6,000|
|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
- This strain of Chimayo pepper from Sandia Seed produces large, up to 8-10" long pods that turn dark red when fully mature. Delicious flavor with medium heat.
- 1. Rob Gee, OH 09
- 2. Randall Simmons, Burlington, IA 12 / CV Sandia Seed
Year grown: 2014
- a.k.a. Chimayó.
- An heirloom variety from Chimayo, New Mexico, USA.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PI 593474. Donated to USDA in 1994.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1989 Yearbook by Joseph DiMaio of Durham, North Carolina (NC DI J).
- SSE PEPPER 99.
Also known as
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
You can buy Chimayo seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!