- Indet., regular leaf plants. Large red beefsteaks, 9-14 oz. Very good sweet flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Bruce Van Order of Freeville, New York (NY VA B) 07 / Copia.org, Napa, California (CA CO P2) 06 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B)
Year grown: 2014
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant, good yield of 8-14 oz red beefsteak fruit, very good flavor.
- Åke Truedsson of Klagshamn, Sweden (SWED TR A) 03
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2003 Yearbook by Ake Truedsson, Sweden (SWED TR A), who got his seeds from a lady who displayed many varieties at a tomato exhibition in Irkutsk, Russia.
- It is a funny name for a tomato, as the Russian word means 'a worker who pours cement'!
- Introduced commercially in North America by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cementnik - flowers. 2014-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cementnik - green fruit. 2014-07-08.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cementnik - ripe fruit. 2014-08-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cementnik - ripe fruit. 2014-09-07.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Cementnik - sliced fruit. 2014-09-07.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Cementnik seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!