|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||potato, rugose|
|Fruit color||black, purple|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2015 Release from Tomato Dwarf Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. vigorous dwarf (tree-type) plants with potato leaf rugose foliage. Very good yields of smooth oblate purple/black (clear skin) fruit, 8-16 oz, with rich, well balanced delicious flavor. (12 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 16 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 16
Year grown: 2015*, 2016, 2017
- Developed in the 2008-2015 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from a cross between Dwarf Wild Fred and Brandywine made by Vince Lavallo in 2008 and named Tasty. It was selected and named by Vince. Stabilization was a collaborative work of Vince Lavallo, Linda Black, Craig LeHoullier, Robbins Hail, Bill Yoder, Richard Watson, Patrick Sullivan, Sandra Tipton, Shawn Conant, and Bill Minkey.
- Released in 2015 (F7-F8 generation).
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). BrandyFred - sliced fruit. 2017-09-10.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2018||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2017||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Heritage Tomato Seed - new
The Sample Seed Shop - new
Victory Seed Company - new
You can buy BrandyFred seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!