From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with good yield of red 6-10 oz fruit, very good flavor.
- ME BO W 99 (Will Bonsall, Maine) / Rob Gee, Ohio / Andy Fusco, Pennsylvania
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- An heirloom tomato brought from Rome, Italy by a steel executive who lived near Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania. The steel executive passed the seed to Andy Fusco, a retired steelworker and master-gardener, who grew this tomato for many years and offered the plants for sale in the 80s. This way the Italian heirloom also became a 'local heirloom' in western Pennsylvania.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1990 Yearbook by Will Bonsall, Scatterseed Project, Farmington, Maine (ME BO W), who received the seeds from Rob Gee of Ohio.
- Anderson. 'Roman' was added to the name when this variety was listed at SSE by Will Bonsal, probably to indicate the origin of the tomato.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|