- Indet., regular leaf, pink beefsteak fruits of variable shapes, 6-12 oz, very good flavor. It was nor very productive in our graden.
- Julien Schmit, Nancy, France 09 / Eric Pedebas, France 07
Year grown: 2010
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant with good yield of 8-14 oz pink beefsteak fruit, very good flavor.
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Commercial variety, introduced in Seed Savers 1987 Yearbook by Bill Ellis of Conyngham, Pennsylvania (PA EL B), who described it as "90 days - indet., huge 2-plus lb. flattened fruit, usually with "inny" belly button on bottom, heavy tomato taste that was a bit much for me raw, but delicious in soup or stew, disease prone but bears well until late in season, CV Letherman's (discont. 1986)."
- African Beefsteak, Orange (orange)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). African Beefsteak - plant. 2010-07-01.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). African Beefsteak - baby fruit. 2010-08-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). African Beefsteak - ripe fruit. 2010-10-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). African Beefsteak - sliced fruit. 2010-10-03.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2012||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Marianna's Heirloom Seeds (as African)
|2010||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds (as African)||2||.|
|2009||Marianna's Heirloom Seeds (as African) - new||3||.|