Beefsteak, Yellow (Xenia, OH Greenhouse)
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Beefsteak, Yellow (Xenia, OH Greenhouse)|
|Fruit shape||oblate, beefsteak|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with good yield of 12-16 oz yellow fruit with pink marbling, excellent flavor.
- Glenn Longino of Hico, Texas (TX LO G2) 99
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 80-85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with high-average yield of 12-20 oz yellow beefsteaks with pink marbling, excellent flavor.
- Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) 07 / Glenn Longino of Hico, Texas (TX LO G2) 99
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1999 Yearbook by Glenn Longino of Hico, Texas (TX LO G2), who received the seeds from Susie Hamann of Greenville, Ohio. Ms. Hamann got two plants from an old commercial greenhouse that began operation in the 1920s in Xenia, Ohio. A friend of the greenhouse owner got the seeds in the 1960s.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|