From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant with good yield of 4-6 oz plum shaped fruit, very good taste.
- KY DA G 96 (George Darby of Petersburg, Kentucky) / IL SW J (John F. Swenson of Glencoe, Illinois) 91.
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Italian heirloom, first introduced in the SSE 1991 Yearbook by John F. Swenson of Glencoe, Illinois, as
- "giant plum, sweet, small cavities, very little juice, 5" long, variable shape."
- John did not give the seeds source in his SSE listing, but Amy Goldman in her 'The Heirloom Tomato' book says that John Swenson "...received the seed in 1990 from Ann Salomon of Tweefontein Farm in New Paltz, NY; her seed had come from an elderly Italian neighbor."
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|