Trees Bottom Yellow
- 85 days, indeterminate, potato leaf, moderate to good production of 10-16 ounce yellow beefsteak fruit with good taste and blushing on the blossom end. The blushing is especially pronounced during hot dry weather.
- A. T. Edwards, who got the seeds from Luray Virginia. 2004
Year: 2005, 2006
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia
- 90 days, indet., potato leaf plant with good yield of 8-16 oz yellow beefsteak fruit with pink marbling, outstanding flavor.
- WV FA A 06 (Angela Faulkner, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia) / from a local trade (likely from Randy Sine, West Virginia).
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Average-high production of large fruited (many over one lb) yellow beefsteaks with a strong pink blush at blossom end. Meaty, great balanced flavor, tends towards the sweet side (but not bland).
- IL LO N 07 (Neil Lockhart, Oblong, Illinois) / WV FA A 06 (Angela Faulkner, Harpers Ferry, West Virginia) / from a local trade (likely from Randy Sine, West Virginia).
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- A. T. "Tom" Edwards obtained the seeds from the mother of one of his pupils in Luray, Virginia in the early 1960's. It is unknown how long she'd been growing it or the name. Randy Sine obtained seeds from Mr. Edwards who had since relocated to West Virginia. Since it did not have a name, Randy named it Trees Bottom Yellow because Mr. Edwards' garden is located in an area called Trees Bottom (adjacent to the Potomac River). Also note that there have been inconsistencies with the spelling (Trees vs. Tree's) even locally. Randy adopted the spelling based on Berkeley County documents and road signs.
- Offered at the Seed Savers 2006 Yearbook by Angela Faulkner of Harpers Ferry, West Virginia (WV FA A) as 'Tree's Bottom Yellow', a misspelled original name.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Trees Bottom Yellow. 2008.
Ted Corbett (GERM CO T). Trees Bottom Yellow - sliced fruit. 2010-08-25 (uploaded with the owner's permission)
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|