From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
- Black colored winter squash that turns tan in storage. Fruit are flattened, ribbed and have a textured, knobby skin. Flesh is yellow/orange and thick, with delicious sweet flavor. 5-8 lbs. Great for baking and soups.
- Jeannine Chalmers, Coquitlam, BC, Canada 12 / West Coast Seeds 07
Year grown: 2014
- This variety originated in Thailand where is it known as fuktong.
- It should perform very well in hot and humid climates.
- According to some online sources, it is an heirloom variety, but I was not able to find a confirmation of that.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Thai Large - seeds. 2014-04-03.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|