|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||potato, rugose|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2015 Release from Tomato Dwarf Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. vigorous dwarf (tree-type) plants with potato leaf rugose foliage. Pink beefsteaks, 6-12 oz. Very few seeds, juicy, deliciously sweet. (12 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 16 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 16
Year grown: 2016
- Developed in the 2008-2015 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from a cross between Dwarf Wild Fred and Brandywine made by Vince Lavallo in 2008 and named Tasty. It was selected and named by Vince. Stabilization was a collaborative work of Vince Lavallo, Linda Black, Lurley Hernandez, Craig LeHoullier, Michael Volk, Patrina Nuske Small, Robbins Hail, Shawn Conant, Gina McDermott, Bill Yoder, Nancy Ruhl, Patrick Sullivan, Sandra Tipton, and Bill Minkey.
- Released in 2015 (F7-F9 generation).
- This variety is associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). TastyWine - ripe fruit. 2016-09-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). TastyWine - ripe fruit. 2016-09-24.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). TastyWine - sliced fruit. 2016-09-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). TastyWine - sliced fruit. 2016-09-24.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2017||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2016|| Heritage Tomato Seed - new
The Sample Seed Shop - new