From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
- Tender perennial that needs to be overwintered indoors, as it does not tolerate freezing temperatures. Very pretty and ornamental herb with pale yellow-green leaves that smell like pineapple. It is so good in herbal teas and have calming effect. Red flowers attract hummingbirds. Plants can grow to 3-4' tall.
- CV Art Knapps nursery, Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada 13
Year grown: 2013
- Salvia elegans. Sometime also called Tangerine Sage.
- Tender perennial shrub native to Mexico and Guatemala.
- It is used in Mexican traditional medicinefor the treatment of anxiety, and also for lowering of blood pressure.
- There is some scientific evidence that it may have antidepressant and antianxiety properties.