|Fruit shape||plum, elongated|
|Fruit type||paste, canner, cooking|
- Mid- to late season. Compact det. plants, regular foliage, high yields of red plum / pear shaped fruit, 1-2 oz, 2.5-3" long and 1.5-2" in diameter, with firm dry flesh interior and few seeds. Fruits easily fall off the vine when ripe, which prompts for picking slightly under-ripe. Flavor is very good and sweet.
- Kristien Dhoor, Belgium 06 / Reinhard Kraft, Neukirchen, Germany
Year grown: 2010
- 90 days, det., very productive paste tomato. Ripe fruit tends to fall from the vine.
- NY MA C (Carolyn Male, Latham, New York) / NY CO M 91 (Maureen E. Conway, NY)
Year: 93, 97, 99-02
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- An heirloom from the western part of New York State, originally from Italy.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1991 (?) Yearbook by Maureen Conway, NY (NY CO M), who received the original seed from a 87 year-old Italian gardener in Finger Lakes area of New York State, who was a true seed saver and grew this variety for many years. He received the seed from a friend who brought them from Italy many years earlier.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Martino's Roma - green fruit. 2010-08-01.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Martino's Roma - ripe fruit. 2010-08-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Martino's Roma - sliced fruit. 2010-09-02.
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||plum + and elongated +|
|Fruit size||small +|
|Fruit type||paste +, canner + and cooking +|
|Growth habit||det. +|
|History||* An heirloom from the western part of New … * An heirloom from the western part of New York State, originally from Italy.
|Member||B.C KO T + and MI FL J +|
|Variety type||heirloom +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Pinetree Seeds +, Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie +, Heirloom Seeds +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Heritage Tomato Seed +, Solana Seeds +, Heritage Harvest Seed + and Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +|