|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- 75-80 days, indet., regular leaf, good yield of 3" golden yellow globes, blemish-free, very good taste with a hint of citrus.
Year grown: 2005, 2007, 2011 (#1)
- 75 days, indet., light foliage, thin walled, 6-8 oz fruit, sweet lemon-like flavor, some cracking.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- 80 days, fairly compact indet., regular leaf, average production of 6-10 oz round, yellow fruit. Best tasting yellow variety I have tried so far.
- NY MA C (Carolyn Male of Salem, New York) / NJ BR J 92 (Joe Bratka, NJ)
- Manfred Hahm-Hartmann
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- Said to be a Native American (Indian) heirloom.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Manyel - leaf. May 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Manyel - flower. June 5, 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Manyel - flower. June 7, 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Manyel - green fruit. June 18, 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Manyel - sliced fruit. 2011-10-11.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Manyel - sliced fruit. August 29, 2011.
You can buy Manyel seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||yellow +|
|Fruit shape||oblate +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T +, TX GU R +, CT BE J + and GERM SC K +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and heirloom +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Pinetree Seeds +, Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Skyfire Garden Seeds +, Heritage Tomato Seed +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +, Knapp's Fresh Vegies +, Salt Spring Seeds + and Solana Seeds +|