|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2016 Release from Tomato Dwarf Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. vigorous dwarf (tree-type) plants with regular leaf rugose foliage. Pink beefsteaks, 6-10 oz. Very few seeds, juicy, delicious. (12 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 16 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 16
Year grown: 2016
- Developed in the 2008-2016 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from a cross between Rosella Purple and Orange Heirloom made by Patrina Nuske-Small in 2008 and named Rosy. Main growers were Patrina Nuske-Small and Craig LeHoullier with help from Patrick Sullivan and Rick Hawksworth.
- This variety is named after an endangered native West Australian Eucalypt called Rose Mallee.
- Released in 2017. Seeds for release produced by Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) and Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds .
- This variety is now associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mallee Rose. 2016-08-22.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2017||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Mallee Rose seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!