Kangaroo Paw Red
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
[[File:|thumb|250px|Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T).]]
|Kangaroo Paw Red|
|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2015 Release from Tomato Dwarf Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. vigorous dwarf (tree-type) plants with regular leaf rugose foliage. P
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 16 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 16
Year grown: 2018
- Developed in the 2005-2016 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from a cross between Budai Torpe and Cherokee Green made by Patrina Nuske Small in 2005 and named Witty. It was selected and named collaboratively by Patrina, Tim Warren and Craig LeHoullier (Patrina with the Kangaroo Paw, and Tim and Craig as different colors arose). Stabilization was a collaborative work of Patrina Nuske Small, Tim Warren, Craig LeHoullier, Jay Scott, Kevin Taylor, Bob Fromm, Dee Sackett, Howard Kushner, Carol Knapp, and Doug Frank, and Bill Minkey.
- Released in 2016.
- This variety is now associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|