- indet., potato leaf, medium to large pink beefsteaks with very good to excellent flavor, meaty and juicy. 8-14 oz.
- Jeff Casey, Airdrie, Alberta, Canada 06
Year grown: 2010
- 85 days, indet., potato leaf plants, 14-16 oz good tasting red beefsteak fruit, moderatively productive.
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- 80 days, indet., potato leaf, 1-1.25 lb, lightly fluted fruits, excellent taste, very productive, a favorite.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- An heirloom tomato named by Gary Ibsen of TomatoFest in 2001 after Julia Child, a well-known "French Chef," educator, and world-renowned cook.
- Here is what Gary says about the tomato:
- ...From some of the seeds sent to me over the years, tucked into letters from gardeners wanting to share their legacy, I grew a small number of plants for trial. Eventually they were to be named. In 2001 I planted four of my favorite un-named varieties and of these I selected the best-tasting tomato variety and named it "Julia Child."'
- Click here to get more background information from Tomatofest website.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Julia Child - flowers. 2010-07-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Julia Child - baby fruit. 2010-07-26.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Julia Child - ripe fruit. 2010-10-03.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Julia Child. 2007.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Julia Child - sliced fruit. 2010-10-03.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2013
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new