Dwarf Scarlet Heart
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Dwarf Scarlet Heart|
|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2015 Release from Tomato Dwarf Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. vigorous dwarf (tree-type) plants with regular leaf rugose foliage. Heavy yields of heart shaped red tomatoes that range from 4-8 ounces, with a well balanced, full, delicious flavor. (12 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 16 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 16
Year grown: 2015*, 2016
- Developed in the 2007-2015 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from a cross between Roza Vetrov and Anna Banana Russian made by Patrina Nuske Small in 2007 (Nosey family). It was selected and named by Linda Black. Stabilization was a collaborative work of Craig LeHoullier, Linda Black, Laurie Sutherland, Nancy Ruhl, and Bill Minkey.
- Released in 2015 (F8 generation).
- This variety is now associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Dwarf Scarlet Heart - ripening fruit. 2016-07-28.